Heather Haxo Phillips “Cooking Class” RAW ITALY
Posted on: 02nd Feb 2013
Everyone loves Italian comfort food, but too often traditional dishes don’t agree with our bodies. They are heavy in wheat and cheese, which is not only dangerous to those with dairy or gluten intolerances, but lack living nutrients. With Raw Italy, we’ll bring back your childhood favorite dishes by teaching you how to make raw, vegan versions of the classics. These simple substitutions allow you to enjoy delicious Italian cuisine and leave you feeling fabulous.
In Raw Italy you will learn:
* How to make a delicious vegan Caesar salad–almonds and pine nuts replace egg yolks and cheese, and nori seaweed replaces anchovies.
* How to make hearty and warm soup in the raw.
* How to make zucchini fettuccini in minutes, and top it with a variety of delicious sauces.
* How to make dairy- and wheat-free lasagna that’s as comforting and delicious as the traditional version.
* How to make non-dairy ice creams that are rich and creamy.
$ 49.00 per person
Menu includes: Caesar Salad with Pine Nut Parmesan, Minestrone, Fettuccini al Pesto, Lasagna, Walnut Gelato with Carob Glaze
February 2, 2013 9:00 am – 11:30 am
at Cafe Gratitude in Berkeley
1730 Shattuck Street
with Chef Heather Haxo Phillips